Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 15:15
    Openfield Creative

Spontaneous Redirect Loop

I have a site running Umbraco 6.1.6 that was launched about 2 and a half years ago. The site has a page for an annual event, and that page has a url alias. Everything has worked fine but now suddenly visiting the page using the urlalias is causing a redirect loo, but it's not constant. Sometimes the problem will only last a few minutes sometimes it doesn't go away until i refresh the app pool.

Most of the time it seems to be just the url alias that is affected but i have seen a couple of times where the full url was affected.

Does anyone know of anything that could possibly lead to a sudden redirect loop?

Thanks,

Owen

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 21:59
    Nicholas Westby

Maybe somebody created a second page with the same URL alias?

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 20:39
    Openfield Creative

Thanks for replying Nicholas, and sorry I didn't reply sooner.

The problem had disappeared for a while (apparently exactly a month) but it's popped back up again today on a completely different page.

Adding a little more information:

It's not just visiting the urlAlias that causes the issue, visiting the full path has the redirect loop as well. The only similarities between the pages that went down are that they both had a urlAlias assigned.

The last bit of information to add is that I do have the 301 Url Tracker package running and i have enabled logging in it's settings but am not getting anything within the Umbraco logs.

I'm currently testing to see if the problem persists when the urlAlias field isn't filled out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft