Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Aug 28, 2016 @ 07:47
    Craig Cronin

MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired.

I've just taken over a new site and which is based on MySQL. I've imported the 1GB database but when I try and show the content tree it won't expand and if I try and publish the whole site I get

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a solution to this. Does anyone have any advice?

• Casper 70 posts 308 karma points
    Aug 28, 2016 @ 10:35
    Casper

Try to increase the timeout in your connectionstring - add ConnectionTimeout=30; or whatever fit.

All options: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-net/en/connector-net-connection-options.html

Aug 28, 2016 @ 12:37
    Craig Cronin

Hi Casper...

This issue is killing me, it seems to run for 30 seconds and then fails. The command timeout is for 30 seconds but below doesnt work. I've tried to find this on the server as well...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.] MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1257 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(MySqlConnection connection, MySqlTransaction transaction, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters, Boolean ExternalConn) +189 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +157 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +50 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +115

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader] umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +304 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.GetChildrenForTreeInternal(Int32 nodeId) +509 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.GetChildrenForTree(Document parent) +17 umbraco.dialogs.publish.DoPublishSubs(Document d) +308 umbraco.dialogs.publish.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1825 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +109 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +38 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4498

• Casper 70 posts 308 karma points
    Aug 28, 2016 @ 12:58
    Casper

Have you tried upping it to something like 10 minutes - 600? Just to see what happens...

Aug 28, 2016 @ 17:33
    Craig Cronin

I've tried

Default Command Timeout = 600; DefaultCommandTimeout = 600; Connect Timeout = 600 Connection Timeout = 600 ConnectionTimeout = 600

But nothing seems to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft