Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomsen 112 posts 335 karma points
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 13:16
    Thomsen

Translator company's reply to language XML file exported from Umbraco

Hi

I have been using the export feature in Umbraco and exported an entire language node with subpages. I have sent it to a translation company, but they reply that the XML needs some prepping work before they can use it (see their message below)

Has anyone experienced something like it? The Umbraco version is 7.2.8.

Reply from translator:

**I tried quickly importing this into memoQ with the default XML filter, just to see how it looks, and you can see in the attached RTF what that picked up – it does seem that the file needs some further work in prepping (for example improving segmentation, making all those

etc into proper tags so they’re not accidentally edited or deleted, excluding some segments with garble entirely). But then, in some parts, the file and segmentation actually looks quite alright, so it’s by far not the messiest XML file we’ve seen.

So in short, if needed, we could have our techies do some prepping work on this file, but it would likely take at least 2 hours or so, which we would need to add in the quote, to make this particular file suitable for translation.**

Kind regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft