Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Sep 05, 2016 @ 14:39
    Ben Palmer

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade a site running Umbraco 7.4.3 to 7.5.2 but run into a little issue during the database upgrade. However, I'm getting the following error when the database is being update for the new version:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'umbracoNode' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FK_umbracoRedirectUrl'.
    Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Anyone run into this or can suggest a solution?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2016 @ 21:51
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Onejl,

Just released Umbraco 7.5.3, maybe you have to uprage to 7.5.3?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 05:33
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Did you manually set the version in your web. Config to 7.5.2? You should leave it at 7.4.3 and let the upgrade installer do the work of changing the version.

Sep 06, 2016 @ 13:07
    Ben Palmer

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately still no luck. I haven't changed the config and also just tried going to 7.5.3 with the same result (on a different site/database).

I managed to get around it by creating the new umbracoRedirect table manually but it seems like a workaround which I'm a little uneasy with.

Thanks.

Sep 06, 2016 @ 13:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yeah, this kind of workarounds is mostly why people usually get upgrade errors.. so this might work for now, but you will probably get upgrade troubles again down the road.

Can you confirm that when you upgraded your website and before you saw the Umbraco upgrade installed that the umbracoConfigurationStatus appSetting in your web.config was set to the version you were coming from (7.4.3 you said)?

If yes, then can you list (you still have the database backup from before upgrading, I hope) what's in the umbracoMigration table before upgrade?

It might look a little bit like this:

enter image description here

Sep 06, 2016 @ 14:33
    Ben Palmer

Yep, checked the version in the web.config and definitely said 7.4.3.

And yes, I still kept a backup of the database, here's my migration table:

Sep 06, 2016 @ 14:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Alright.. now I'm tickled.. It SHOULD have worked!

Right, can you try one more thing, can you see if you can set the umbracoConfigurationStatus in your web.config to 7.3.0 and see if that helps?

If that doesn't help, would you be able to zip up your website + database for me and send it off to [email protected] as a Dropbox or WeTransfer link? I'm really curious what the problem is and of course if we have a bug somewhere we're eager to get it fixed!

Sep 06, 2016 @ 15:04
    Ben Palmer

Same result I'm afraid! I've dropped you an email. Thanks again for the help.

Sep 06, 2016 @ 16:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks for sending me the bits!

So I had a suspicion and I think I confirmed it now. Set your version in web.config to 7.2.8 and try again. I suspect that earlier migrations did not run completely/successfully and might have been "hacked around" so that's why you're missing something. Setting the version back to 7.2.8 made the upgrade succeed immediately!

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    May 03, 2018 @ 18:33
    Bobi

I've tried this as well, but has not solved my issue. I'm going from 7.5.13 to 7.10.4.

Sep 07, 2016 @ 08:56
    Ben Palmer

It is possible that we've hacked this before as we've had a similar issue with foreign keys before.

Thanks Sebastiaan, that's done the trick nicely.

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 14:07
    Dan Sørensen

I got same problem here is my migration table

I tried first to change the umbracoConfigurationStatus to 7.3.5 this dident help.

it just made other errors.

Then I also tried the 7.2.8 this worked for me as well this has saved mee for crying myself to sleep. :D

Thanks you Sebastian Janssen

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 10:39
    Gerty Engrie

Hi all,

same problem. Clean install 7.4.3. :-) Workaround setting config to 7.2.8 also worked.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 14:57
    Mark Bowser

I'm running into the same issue upgrading from an umbraco 626 site. Usually, we try to upgrade incrementally (maybe 626 to 728 and then 728 to 743 and then 743 to 753). This time, we tried upgrading straight from 626. I got the exact same error message, and, unless I'm just glazing over it, there is no migration table in our umbraco 626 site. Any idea what my problem is? Should we go back to our incremental upgrade strategy? Or do you expect that there is a simple fix and we can take a shortcut?

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2016 @ 17:37
    Mark Bowser

We successfully upgraded our site from 626 to 728. Unfortunately, we get the same errors when attempting to upgrade from 728 to 753. Looks like we need need to do another intermediate upgrade to 743?

Oct 13, 2016 @ 19:10
    Mark Bowser

I just did a schema compare of the umbraco database we are trying to upgrade to another umbraco 728 database. We inherited this site, and it looks like a bunch of custom indexes and interesting properties have been added to a lot of the tables. Either that or something went very differently in a prior upgrade. My problem is probably due to those schema differences between our the site and a regular 728 site.

We were able to upgrade another of our umbraco 728 sites to 753 without difficulty.

• Robert Lewis 29 posts 94 karma points
    Nov 19, 2016 @ 10:53
    Robert Lewis

I had the same issue after upgrading a site from 7.4.1. to latest version (currently 7.5.4) "The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'umbracoNode' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FKumbracoRedirectUrl'. Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')"

It only had 7.4.1 in the umbracoMigration Table. I changed the umbracoConfigurationStatus in the web config file to 7.2.8 and run the site again and this time the upgrade worked. Strange!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft