Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergi Arbona 11 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 08:15
    Sergi Arbona

Node with list view enabled shows ids

When enabling the list view mode for a node and adding some properties in the list that are dropdowns or node pickers the list view shows the internal id of the dropdown instead of values and the node identifier instead of the node name. This is completely useless for users.

enter image description here

I have tried it even in the current last umbraco version 7.5.2.

I have seen this reported as a bug: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6405

Is there any workaround?

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 08:54
    Claushingebjerg

I have this problem too...

Anyone?

It's kind of weird this behavior has slipped through QA for so many versions unnoticed, as it makes absolutely no sense to the editor...

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 13:59
    Ben McKean

Yes, I've just spotted this issue when using multi node tree picker as well. In my opinion it should show the node name(s).

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 17, 2018 @ 09:51
    Matthew Wise

Mads wrote a great article on how you can create custom list views which would allow you to do this

https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2016/custom-list-view-layouts/

Matt

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Jul 21, 2018 @ 11:01
    Sotiris Filippidis

An alternate "poor man's" solution to this, as I happened to discuss on the Umbracians Slack community yesterday:

For the time being, what I do is create some label fields on the doctype which are updated via event handlers when picker content is changed, and I'm using those label fields in the list view. Side effect is that if you rename some "picked" document the change is not reflected in those labels (could be, but would be too expensive in performance) as well as the fact that you can't search the list on those fields.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft