Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vineeth 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 11:28
    Vineeth

My understanding of a workflow is that any changes saved by the writer will not be visible to the editor unless I send for publish. But, that seems to not be the case - its the opposite. Is this a bug? Have I configured something wrong? If not, how do I go about achieving this?

Basically, I need a workflow where writer can save as a draft which he keeps to himself, one day decides it is finished and sends it for approval or publish. Editor gets notification - publishes it.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 12:09
  • Vineeth 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 13:57
    Vineeth

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I do have access to Umbraco TV and have an understanding of users, user types and permissions.

I have set up back office users with the required types and permissions correctly, I believe. When my writer made some changes to a content node and saved his changes(just saved and not sent for approval), the editor was able to see the changes our writer made although the writer never sent it for approval.

Now, we were all under the impression that it would be a draft sitting in the writer's plate, visible only to the writer, until he sends it for approval. But, that is not the case.

If so, how do we make a private version available only to the writer until he finishes his work.

Thanks

Vineeth

• Ryan 24 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 02:50
    Ryan

Hi, this answer is a bit late, but I thought might be useful for completeness' sake.

The way to do what you are asking is done unfortunately after saving a draft node for the first time. You could right click on it, assuming you have the user permissions, and click Permissions to alter them so only you can see it.

Alternatively you could set permissions on a separate "folder" node or duplicated site for each user so they have their own area to edit documents and move them to the public area later.

Finally, you can do this by group instead of by individual user with this package: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/user-group-permissions/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft