Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 10:55
    Steve Morgan

301 URL Tracker - does it play nicely with the Redirect URL Management in Umb v7.5.x?

Hi,

Now we have the Redirect URL Management (which is a great addition!) does the 301 URL Tracker package still play nicely?

I'd still like the 404 tracking functionality and the ability manually add entries - unless I'm missing something these bits have not been included in core?

Anyone using this?

Steve

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 11:49
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Steve,

By default the Umbraco Url Tracker is disabled when packages like 301 url tracker or SEOChecker are installed.

See https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Reference/Routing/URL-Tracking/

Best,

Richard

• Albert 27 posts 49 karma points
    Dec 23, 2016 @ 11:27
    Albert

Hi,

I've installed URL tracker but I still can see only the Redirect Url Management. I have tried to disable the module but I'm not able to see the Url tracker module.

enter image description here

Is there any other configuration I should make?

Thanks in advance,

• Aaron 22 posts 93 karma points
    Oct 12, 2017 @ 11:13
    Aaron

Hi Albert did you manage to solve this problem?

I've just done an install on 7.5.14 and have the same problem i.e. dashboard is not showing after built-in redirects are disabled.

• Richard Waite 11 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 10:11
    Richard Waite

I had the same issue on 7.7.7

Adding the tab manually to the 'StartupDashboardSection' section in config/dashboard.config solved it for me:

<tab caption="Url Tracker">
      <access>
        <grant>admin</grant>
      </access>
      <control addPanel="true">~/Umbraco/UrlTracker/InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.UI.UrlTrackerManagerWrapper.ascx</control>
    </tab>

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 13:33
    Steve Morgan

Nice spot - I did do a quick Google as I was sure I'd seen something on this previously.

Thanks for the swift answer!

Steve

• Greg 25 posts 103 karma points
    Nov 15, 2016 @ 20:43
    Greg

On that note, I'd like to know if there's a way to add an entry manually. To avoid having to install a package when this could do it on it's own.

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 15, 2016 @ 21:24
    M N

Nope not that I have found, but +1 on the need for this..

To us it's only 20% of the solution, unless the only thing you're doing is building sites for new company's that don't have a website already. Not quite sure why you'd use it without the ability to define your own 301 redirects, except for the "new website" situation where 301's are irrelevant. If you are re-building a site though, (hopefully migrating to Umbraco!) then this is an absolute requirement for any 301 management system unless you want all your indexed Google pages to generate a 404 thus throwing away valuable SEO juice post relaunch.. But I will say, the interface looks fantastic, so hopefully the Umbraco Gods will hit it with their trident(s) and make this puppy useful (+1 for importing 301 Redirects from a CSV file if so!).

In the meantime, I've continued to use https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker/ which also keeps track of nodes/onsite changes as the new native one does. I prefer this one over the other major package as I find the RegEx matching extremely useful for things like News / Blog entries 301's from the old site. Sometimes there's hundreds, i'm sure many can relate :)

Cheers

Nov 16, 2016 @ 07:43
    Richard Soeteman

//Shameless plug :) If you need to import redirects from CSV or Excel, you might want to check out SEO Checker http://soetemansoftware.nl/seo-checker

Best,

Richard

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 16:51
    M N

I will check it out when I have time! We purchased a server license for your CMS Import a while back and it has saved a great deal of time thus far! Thank you for all your efforts loving it!

Been meaning to ping you on my small wishlist actually Column with full URL to an image -> Media Picker & Column with comma/semicolon delimited URLs to multiple images -> Multiple Media Picker

Cheers!

Nov 17, 2016 @ 06:53
    Richard Soeteman

Great to hear, best to mail support for your request :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft