Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Sep 15, 2016 @ 07:55
    Tajamal

single domain with two installation

We are currently setting up two installation for a single domain, if one fails the other installation will take over. So my question is how would I manage umbraco.config which will be different at some point. Have any one tried this before?

I believe i will run into a few problems like caching, locks with files in app_data?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 15, 2016 @ 20:22
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tajamal,

It sound to me that you are talking about a load balancing setup, so if one sever fails then another sever will ensure that the site is running.

Have you tried to have a look at our documentation about how to use / setup load balancing in Umbraco

https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 16, 2016 @ 07:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tajamal,

Like Dennis pointed out you want a load balanced setup. If you are using Umbraco version 7.3.x or higher no config will be needed.

You will have 2 webservers running the same website pointing to the same database.

You will need a loadbalancer to handle the load between the 2 websites.

Dave

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Sep 16, 2016 @ 07:51
    Tajamal

Thank you guys, I have version 7.3.x :)

This is exactly what I want to achieve. I will walk through the documentation to see what I need to do with load balancing.

This sounds like a setup from my system admin team.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft