Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shada 55 posts 137 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 10:03
    Shada

excluding umbraco folders from Visual Studio 2015 publication

I need to exclude media, umbraco and umbraco_client folders from the publication of the project. These folders are rarely changed and I do not want to wait each time until they are copied during the publication on the FTP server. Here is my config local.pubxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
      <PropertyGroup>
        <WebPublishMethod>FileSystem</WebPublishMethod>
        <LastUsedBuildConfiguration>Release</LastUsedBuildConfiguration>
        <LastUsedPlatform>Any CPU</LastUsedPlatform>
        <SiteUrlToLaunchAfterPublish />
        <LaunchSiteAfterPublish>True</LaunchSiteAfterPublish>
        <ExcludeApp_Data>False</ExcludeApp_Data>
        <publishUrl>MyPath</publishUrl>
        <DeleteExistingFiles>False</DeleteExistingFiles>
        <ExcludeFoldersFromDeployment>media;umbraco;umbraco_client</ExcludeFoldersFromDeployment>
        <MSDeployUseChecksum>true</MSDeployUseChecksum>
      </PropertyGroup>
    </Project>

After that media folder is not published, but umbraco and umbracoclient folders still continue to copy in the process of publication. After that, I excluded umbraco and umbracoclient folders from the project, but it also does not solve the problem. Any ideas? :)

• Carsten Johannesen 35 posts 55 karma points
    Mar 13, 2018 @ 09:14
    Carsten Johannesen

I have the exact same problem. After having started a clean project and getting the umbraco package via Nuget it always publishes all folders in the viausal studio solution tree even though they are signaled as not included (White folder icons instead of the yellow ones)

Mar 13, 2018 @ 09:43
    Carsten Johannesen

Found the solution: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/install-umbraco-with-nuget

See the last paragraph concerning Post installation.

I think this is a very dirty solution which breaks the Visual Studio "logic" of exclude/include project files: You can no longer trust the information in the VS GUI. And when Umbraco breaks the above link keywords are: add a target to your .pubxml

Mar 13, 2018 @ 09:44
    Carsten Johannesen
    <FilesForPackagingFromProject Remove=".\App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\**\*.*"/>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft