Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 13:45
    Ross Ekberg

Umbraco 7.4.2

I just installed the package 301 URL Tracker v3.1.1. Installation was successful, but when the browser refreshed I got a YSOD in the main content area (navigation bar on left was still there). I navigated away and went back into the developer section and saw that the package was "installed". Everything seems to be working fine. However, I don't see where the new tool is. The screen shots suggest it is supposed to be a tab in the 'content' section. I don't see it. Where can I find this thing?

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 14:30
    Damiaan

What do the logs say under \App_Data\logs\?

kind regards

Sep 20, 2016 @ 17:12
    Ross Ekberg

"The file '/Umbraco/UrlTracker/InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.UI.Installer.UrlTrackerInstaller.ascx' does not exist."

Hmm. I checked and that folder doesn't exist. I checked the package and it doesn't contain that file; only a dll. Could the dll create that file?

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 20:35
    Damiaan

Are you sure you have installed the package from the backend? Have you uploaded all files?

Maybe a side question, why don't you upgrade to Umbraco 7.5? There is basic version of url rewriting in the core now.

Sep 20, 2016 @ 20:42
    Ross Ekberg

I installed the package via the repository. When I saw the error message stating it couldn't find a file, I downloaded the package and opened it up to see what was in it.

I did notice that 7.5 has a redirect tool. Unfortunately, I am not able to upgrade due to various circumstances. In fact, I just recently upgrade from 6.1.0 to 7.4.2. It took about two months to choreograph the whole procedure due to the many custom macros and various installed packages (many things no longer worked due the the major change). Additionally, I work in the public sector, so there is a lot of procedure.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft