Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicole Polet 50 posts 202 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 22:51
    Nicole Polet

Problems with Visual Studio / UaaS setup

I've built a site on Umbraco v7 using UaaS and recently decided to set up Visual Studio as my development environment as per these instructions: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-as-a-Service/Set-Up/Visual-Studio/

I've used the UaaS.cmd tool to set up my project as outlined in the documentation without any problems.

However when I build the solution in Visual Studio and try to view the site locally, it appears to be missing some important components. For example- my home page (the root node) doesn't appear to render my master template- so all I get it the body of the home page. The head tag (which is included in my master template) is empty.

All of my other pages render the master template fine, but they all have trouble rendering a partial view macro file for my site nav.

Everything on the site is working fine when I view it live, so it must be a problem with my Visual Studio build/setup.

I am brand new to VS and fairly new to Umbraco- any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft