Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 17:09
    Saied

Error when trying to transfer with courier?

This just started happening, but when I want to transfer with courier, I get to the part that lets me select the destination, but then it fails and I see this error in the courier log:

ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner - [Thread 7] An error occurred consuming task
    System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.

These are errors on get in the chrome developer console:

http://localhost:58150/umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx/GetTask Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx?providerGuid=d8e6ad83-e73a-…748-48ac-a732-65e3dadf33b0&itemname=7069d5e5-f748-48ac-a732-65e3dadf33b0:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks, Saied

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    Oct 06, 2016 @ 20:43
    Chris Van Oort

I'm also getting this error in the same scenario. Were you able to solve this?

Chrome's error:

jquery.js:4 POST http://mywebsite.com/umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx/GetTask 500 (Internal Server Error)send @ jquery.js:4ajax @ jquery.js:4updateCurrent @ VM3198 RevisionJsonRender.js:8(anonymous function) @ VM3199 CommitItem.aspx?providerGuid=d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66&itemid=ede1be3f-f058-4c13-…:91

This is what I'm seeing in my CourierTraceLog:

2016-10-06 15:46:04,140 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager - [Thread 24] Error PackagingTask with id: 04d73f5c-458a-4e07-8bbc-1bd2747336a2
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot access child value on Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue.
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.get_Item(Object key)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.GridCellDataResolvers.CoreCellEditorResolver.HandleMacro(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData, GridValueControlModel cell, Boolean packing)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.GridCellDataResolvers.CoreCellEditorResolver.PackagingCell(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData, GridValueControlModel cell)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolvers.GridCellResolverProvider.PackagingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Packaging(Item item)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.ExecuteResolver(Item item, ItemEvent e, ItemProvider provider)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Hash(ItemIdentifier itemId)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.CompareAndStoreItem(Item item, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.PackageBatch()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task)
    2016-10-06 15:46:04,140 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner - [Thread 24] An error occurred consuming task
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot access child value on Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue.
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.GridCellDataResolvers.CoreCellEditorResolver.HandleMacro(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData, GridValueControlModel cell, Boolean packing)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.GridCellDataResolvers.CoreCellEditorResolver.PackagingCell(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData, GridValueControlModel cell)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolvers.GridCellResolverProvider.PackagingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData)
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Packaging(Item item)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.ExecuteResolver(Item item, ItemEvent e, ItemProvider provider)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.CompareAndStoreItem(Item item, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.PackageBatch()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task)

And there aren't any errors in the UmbracoTraceLog.

I've tried to no avail the following "fixes":

• Restarting the site
    • Restarting the app pool
    • Dumping the TEMP files
    • Republishing the nodes I'm trying to push
    • Only pushing one node instead of a bunch at a time

Any ideas?

Oct 12, 2016 @ 17:09
    Chris Van Oort

Bump -- any ideas?

On the "live" site that I'm trying to push content to from "staging" I'm getting this error after turning on failed request trace logging.

Buffer="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---&gt; System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot access child value on Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</faultstring><detail /></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"

The issue also occurs every time directly after this:

enter image description here

And I end up with this error: enter image description here

I've tried also pushing from Live to Staging and have the same error. I've validated permissions are set correctly on the folders, dumped TEMP on staging and live, restarted the sites and app pools, and republished.

I'm running both Umbraco 7.5.3 and Courier 2.52.14.

I'm also able to push media items just fine to live, and some content nodes to live, but there's a select few that are exhibiting this behavior.

Is there any way to figure out which property or properties or grid editor pieces are causing the issues? The "problem" nodes render fine in preview and on the staging site.

I've also tried dumping the cache from both staging and live then republishing before attempting to push with Courier...still fails on the problem nodes. These problem notes are all using grid editor (same as others that were able to be pushed fine). They've got minor text and picture changes, and the media items have already been pushed live.

Oct 13, 2016 @ 14:27
    Chris Van Oort

I recreated the page with only a headline for grid editor content and this pushed from staging to live just fine with Courier. So I started adding other things back in and pushing and the process continued to work. Then I added some more text into the editor and tried again and it failed.

So I removed that text and it still fails. I continued this process of removing and trying to push with Courier to no avail. Even going back to previous grid editor points of 'success' Courier still fails with no error.

Finally, I just removed all of the grid editor content, so only the page properties are populated (which worked before), and Courier is still unable to push this new "test" page to the live site.

I've opened up an issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9057

Oct 24, 2016 @ 21:40
    Chris Van Oort

Still running into issues on this so I updated to Umbraco 7.5.4 and Courier 2.52.15, but issues persist. I checked the logs and the issue is the same as posted before.

Is there any way to determine what property or value is being expected that isn't there?

One other item of note: I did run through this troubleshooting guide today (https://cultiv.nl/blog/how-to-diagnose-umbraco-upgrade-problems/). I thought fixing some errant references might solve the issue but nope. Good news is all of that is much more consistent with known, good, standard configuration.

Cross-posted to the issue page: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-440

Anyone have any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft