Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff 19 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 11:12
    Geoff

Problem setting up Load balanced environment - "No physical template file was found for template HomePage"

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a load balanced Umbraco environment using the Azure web app. I have 2 web app instances, one master designated for authoring and the second for front end presentation. Both share the same SQL Azure database. I have created a basic test home page on the master web app comprising a corresponding document type, a template, a simple Stylesheet and a js file in Scripts/libs. My page renders fine on this instance. I have copied over the contents of the wwwroot/scripts and the wwwroot/css from the file system on the master web app to the presentation web app, but when I attempt to load the page on the latter I get the error "No physical template file was found for template HomePage". When I look in the administrator on the presentation instance I can see my test document type and the test page in the Content section as they appear on the master, but although there is a template for the test page present, it has no content in it. So can someone please tell me what might have gone wrong and how I can get the test page template to replicate to this second instance?

Thanks, Geoff

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 12:29
    Kevin Jump

Hi

sounds like you also need to copy over the Views folder - if you are using MVC (which is the default) then the template will exist as a file in the Views Folder - which you will also need for any partial views or macro files you create.

Kevin

• Geoff 19 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 13:19
    Geoff

Hi Kevin,

Thanks, you were absolutely correct. For some reason I'd thought that the templates were stored in the database. All working now.

Cheers, Geoff

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft