Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles Roper 48 posts 200 karma points
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 13:44
    Charles Roper

How to keep media in sync?

I've got my media stored on Azure using UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure. What's the best way of keeping the media metadata stored in the DB (presumably, I don't know) in sync with my local development environment so that I can see the media people have uploaded?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 15:17
    Kevin Jump

Hi

depending on how you want to handle it - uSync.ContentEdition* might do what you want.

uSync will write the changes to the Media settings out to disk, and if you copy that back to your local install you will get all the media stuff populated into your copy of umbraco.

by default you either have to copy the media folder or point to the same location or something as usync only does the db elements of media, but you can get it to also do the actual files, but then you just end up with double the amount of disk space/traffic.

*disclaimer i wrote it - so you know my solution would be that.

• Charles Roper 48 posts 200 karma points
    Sep 29, 2016 @ 22:02
    Charles Roper

Thanks Kevin, that sounds ideal. We're already using uSync, so adding in the content edition for is a no brainer. We're also using Azure to store the media, so no worries there - it's just the db that needs to be kept in sync.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft