Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicole Polet 50 posts 202 karma points
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 21:38
    Nicole Polet

Problems Viewing Site Locally

I'm using UaaS and having some strange problems with the local copy of my site. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out where things are going wrong.

The issues:

• My home page (the root node of my site) appears to not be inheriting my master template. But this only happens on the home page, the master template renders fine on all other pages. All of my pages (including the home page) use the same doctype (ModularPage). The template for ModularPage inherits my Master Template.
    • On the pages where the Master template does render, there's a partial view macro that generates my site navigation that throws an error. I've narrowed down the error to this chunk of code, (the line that throws the error has **):

@{ var selection = CurrentPage.Site(); }

<div class="main-nav__list">
      @Traverse(selection)
      </div>

@helper Traverse(dynamic node)
      {
          var maxLevelForSitemap = 3;
          **var selection = node.Children.Where("Visible").Where("Level <= " + maxLevelForSitemap);** }

Because these errors only happen on my local site (on UaaS the site is working perfectly, and the local site should be an exact copy of it), I feel like the issue has something to do with the way content/other elements are being pulled down into my local folder. It's almost like something isn't getting pulled/cloned? I've tried making another clone, but that one has the same issues.

If anyone has any ideas or can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Nicole

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft