Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Diogo 8 posts 82 karma points
    Sep 29, 2016 @ 16:30
    Diogo

TextStringValueConverter cannot be an IPropertyValueConverter for property 'umbracoUrlName'

I got an error that is really annoying because on the description you can see that it shouldn't even exist.

I'm running Umbraco 7.5.3 and I'm able to run this site on my local environment. However when I'm on the staging environment I get this error

Type 'Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.TextStringValueConverter' cannot be an IPropertyValueConverter for property 'umbracoUrlName' of content type '*' because type 'Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.TextStringValueConverter' has already been detected as a converter for that property, and only one converter can exist for a property.

The weird thing is that umbracoUrlName is actually just a umbraco reserved field name that is being added as a normal text string.

Another thing is that it says that it cannot add the exact same PropertyValueConverterType .. annoying because it could just realize that is the same and ignore this one.

Help...

• Rasmus Eeg 91 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 29, 2016 @ 20:26
    Rasmus Eeg

Hi Diogo, make sure you don't have duplicate DLLs in the bin. Other then that, I've never seen this before. What can you tell me about the staging environment?

• Diogo 8 posts 82 karma points
    Sep 30, 2016 @ 13:26
    Diogo

Rasmus thank you for your reply. I didn't had duplicated dlls but your answer took me to the solution that should've been my first approach as a proper computer person... delete everything and install again!

This worked of course.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft