Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 09:07
    Chris Wilson

The Client Dependency Framework and Subresource Integrity

Hi all,

I've been taking a look at implementing Subresource Integrity recently, but I can't see a straightforward path to implement SRI inside the CDF.

Does anyone have any experience of this, or know if it's even possible inside this framework?

Kind regards, Chris

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 15:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think you are looking for a way to add the integrity attribute? In that case, this is possible as described here: https://github.com/Shazwazza/ClientDependency/wiki/Html-Attributes

As far as I can tell this is only useful when you're linking to a resource that you link to on a CDN or a server that you don't control? The thought being: if this resource has been tampered with the integrity check will fail and the script will not load. I haven't heard of this being useful for scripts you load from your own webserver though, so CDF doesn't generate anything for that. Maybe I'm missing something though?

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Oct 04, 2016 @ 09:01
    Chris Wilson

That's what I'm looking for - I've been performing tests by using the CDF to reduce the number of calls made on load, it seems to work so I was looking to flesh it out fully and perform some comparisons.

You're likely correct and I'm likely wrong; but as with all things Umbraco, I find it best to learn by trying! :)

Thanks!

/Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft