Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Don Nehc 69 posts 222 karma points
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 03:53
    Don Nehc

Hello,

I have a question on users. How would users tree display if I have hundreds of users? Will it be a huge long scrollable list?

enter image description here

Best, -Don

• Dennis Flæng Jørgensen 35 posts 145 karma points c-trib
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 10:17
    Dennis Flæng Jørgensen

Hey Don

I just tested on v. 7.5.3 and it does indeed make a huge scrollable list (with about 1200 users in my example).

Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:47
    Don Nehc

Thank you, Dennis. I see this works fine for CMS, general they aren't having too many users. In my situation, I have student population with hundreds of users, and this UI isn't friendly. Is there other options available to display this?

Best, -Don

Oct 08, 2016 @ 18:04
    Dennis Flæng Jørgensen

Let me get this right... You need about a hundred users with access to the Umbraco backoffice? Are you sure that the Member-section aren't what you're looking for?

Do you have to setup all of these users manually? It would be much easier if you had an external datasource - that way you could just make a exe-program that imports/updates the users.

But to answer your question. I don't think theres any other display options for the user list. You could submit a feature request on http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

Oct 12, 2016 @ 04:23
    Don Nehc

Thanks Dennis. I try to setup members, but can't login with new member account. Does member login needs to show up in the Umbraco users table?

Best, -Don

Oct 12, 2016 @ 06:34
    Dennis Flæng Jørgensen

Members shouldn't show up in the Users table.

Users are backoffice logins. These users can, depending on their privilieges, changes content, media, settings and so on. Users are primarily for administrators, developers, editors and translators.

Members are normally used for a frontend login. If you run a forum or some other type of website where you want a login-system but don't want normal users to be able to access the Umbraco backoffice, you could use Members.

That is why I asked if you really wanted all students to be able to access the backoffice. If you don't necessarily want them to be able to access the backoffice, you should (in my opinion) use the Members for all student logins.

Oct 12, 2016 @ 15:08
    Don Nehc

Thanks Dennis. I can see that members are used to access websites I built in Umbraco. But I have built some features to the backoffice dashboard that I want students to see based on their access. Is that possible?

Best, -Don

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft