Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Inman 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 07:55
    Richard Inman

Internal server error when uploading to Media section

Hi folks - I'm suddenly getting an internal server error message when attempting to upload images to the Media section. It was fine before but now it's not - there haven't been any configuration changes.

Please can someone give me some pointers as to where I can track down the cause of the error? I can't see anything untoward in UmbracoTraceLog. I'm running version 7.2.8 .

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance!

• Daniel B Christensen 15 posts 115 karma points
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 08:01
    Daniel B Christensen

I've seen a similar problem before, where it turned out that the IIS user on the server didn't have access to the media folder on the file system.

Oct 11, 2016 @ 08:30
    Richard Inman

Yeah I wondered about that, but IIS_USRS does have Modify permissions on the Media directory and always has done. I can't think what could have changed to suddenly cause this error (given I haven't changed anything.)

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 08:59
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Richard.

Have you tried different files? Could it be a size issue? (The file is bigger than your server allows to upload?)

Oct 11, 2016 @ 09:22
    Richard Inman

Thanks for getting back to me Dennis - I've got the maxRequestLength attribute set to 150MB, and I've had no problem uploading images before. Other projects are running fine on the same server, so I don't think it's a disk space issue either. I'm flummoxed!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft