Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 19:31
    Meni

Bug at V7? Can't move pictures within media directory

Hi, does anybody experience this bug? When upload an image to the media folder and try to move it to different folder (under media - let's say I have a b c folders under media, and I want to move file from a to b) - it's doesn't show the tree (back to the example, it will not show a b c - only by search ).

The problem is when I have a big website with lot of sub folders and files, if by mistake I upload a photo to the wrong folder (let's say I uploaded to a and I want to move to b) - the only option is to delete the photo and upload again.

Anybody?

Thanks.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 15, 2016 @ 13:09
    Marc Goodson

Hi Meni

Which version of Umbraco are you using ?

On version 7.5.3, there are options to move the image to different folders...

1) if you have the image open, the top right 'Actions' menu has an option to move

enter image description here

2) if you have the folder in grid view, and you select an image in the folder, a 'move' option should appear in the top right hand corner

3) if you have the folder in list view, and you select an image, the 'move' option should then appear in the top right hand corner

In each of these scenarios I'm presented with the move dialog, and the other folders to select ...

Are you saying at this point you are not seeing the tree ?

If you check in Settings - Media Types, and choose the Folder element - do you have a ListView enabled ? if so then yes you will only see a search option to find your folders, but you should still be able to find them via search and move images into them.

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Dec 13, 2016 @ 01:59
    Meni

Thanks! so apparently it's not a bug... - it's the "Enable list view" - just disabled it and now I can move between folders. So just to ask - what's the different between the two modes? and what's recommended? and if in List view I can't see the tree - why would I use this option at all?

Thanks again for your help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft