Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Beckett 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 16, 2016 @ 13:26
    Liam Beckett

Slow media tree retrieval - GetApplicationTrees

Hello,

A client website (upgraded to 7.5.0 some months ago) is experiencing serious difficulty in the Media section, particularly in the rendering of the Media tree.

Upon inspection, the request /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=media&tree=&isDialog=false is taking an extremely long time to return (over 3 minutes and usually timing out). I also had difficulties in emptying the recycle bin.

Has anyone seen this problem before as it is effecting the clients ability to upload and manage files. I saw some reports on this but no definitive fix.

I upgraded (locally) to 7.5.3 but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance. Liam.

• Rasmus Lynggaard 118 posts 325 karma points
    May 23, 2017 @ 17:41
    Rasmus Lynggaard

Hi Liam,

We're experiencing the same issue at a client (running Umbraco 7.3.8).

Did you ever find a fix?

• Liam Beckett 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 24, 2017 @ 02:50
    Liam Beckett

Sorry Rasmus - I don't believe we ever did get a firm fix for this (I'm struggling at this point to remember the exact client involved).

I believe I did migrate the SqlCE database to a full MSSQL implementation and potentially removed any old (non-published) content versions (just to compact the database, which had quite a few nodes).

I believe, once we moved to full MSSQL, that this problem stopped occuring, but there was no specific code fix or issue uncovered.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 24, 2017 @ 08:56
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Liam

Try to us some cleaning package for your Umbraco installation. For example - "F.A.L.M. Housekeeping": https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/falm-housekeeping/

It can help you to remove unused data from the database.

How many nodes has your site approximately?

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft