Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 20, 2016 @ 13:11
    Paul Seal

Tutorial - How to create a Contact Form in Umbraco using MVC and C#

Hi all I've just published a new tutorial video on YouTube. This one shows you how to create a Contact Form in Umbraco using MVC and C#

It goes through step by step how to set up the template, doc type, Model, View, Controller as well as the code to send the email.

Please have a look and give me any feedback I can bear in mind for my next video.

I have reallised I missed the display properties off the model. :^)

enter image description here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V0A1AYJbys

Source code here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 20, 2016 @ 19:58
    Alex Skrypnyk

Very good job Paul, but I think it can be little bit shorter. For me it's hard to watch 30 minutes video. But in any case great video.

Thanks,

Alex

Oct 20, 2016 @ 20:19
    Paul Seal

I agree with you Alex, but I couldn't make it any shorter. It will only be of use to those who don't know how to do it already. I split it into sections so people could skip through easily.

• Tahir 13 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 20, 2016 @ 21:06
    Tahir

It will also be useful if you can release the source code (e.g. gist), just to go straight to code if you have any difficulty :-)

Good work and thanks

Oct 20, 2016 @ 21:12
    Paul Seal

Hi Tahir I'll be writing up a quick blog post with the source code tonight. I'll include a link on here and in the video description. Thanks

Oct 20, 2016 @ 22:15
  • Martin Harran 16 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 09, 2018 @ 07:52
    Martin Harran

I've just used this tutorial and it is excellent.

I wouldn't worry about the length, it is targeted at a technical audience who can fast forward bits they don't need. That's what I basically did - I cut'n pasted your code and then fast forwarded through you typing it on the screen :)

The important thing is that it works perfectly, the only issue I had was getting my SMTP settings right, I was trying to get GMail's mailserver working but I eventually had to abandon it but that had nothing to do with your tutorial.

Well done, a useful resource for learners.

• Ishan Vyas 67 posts 198 karma points
    Sep 24, 2018 @ 12:36
    Ishan Vyas

sir I followed the steps as guided in the video(S02 E05 How to build a website in Umbraco version 7.6.5 - Creating the contact form with Ajax) but I have an error whenever I hit send message button I get the error partial view returned in every case somehow the success partial view is never been called. I run and inspect in the network section it always shows the error partial view message.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft