Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Casalicchio 169 posts 698 karma points
    Oct 24, 2016 @ 21:18
    Carlos Casalicchio

Cannot view any installed package

I'm having an issue with version 7.5.4 after upgrading from 7.5.2 It keeps throwing this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.Save(PackageInstance package, String dataSource) +487
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.InstalledPackage.Save() +52
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.installedPackage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3229
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +95
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +59
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +678

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1586.0

It's still showing the old install page.. is that related? How do I update it as well?

enter image description here

Oct 26, 2016 @ 19:21
    Carlos Casalicchio

I have figured it out. The Trees.config file still had the old package tree setup. After copying the new tree structure (from a blank config/trees.config file of 7.5.4) into my existing trees.config and restarted the web app, was able to see the new structure.

NEW trees structure for Developer:

<add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="packager" application="developer" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.PackagesTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="dataTypes" application="developer" title="Data Types" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.DataTypeTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add application="developer" alias="macros" title="Macros" type="umbraco.loadMacros, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="2" />  
      <add application="developer" alias="relationTypes" title="Relation Types" type="umbraco.loadRelationTypes, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="4" />
      <add application="developer" alias="xslt" title="XSLT Files" type="umbraco.loadXslt, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="5" />
      <add application="developer" alias="partialViewMacros" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.PartialViewMacrosTree, umbraco" silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="6" title="Partial View Macro Files" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" />

Oct 26, 2016 @ 20:53
    Carlos Casalicchio

Now, when trying to uninstall any packages, I get an error

Uninstall Error

And the Log has nothing, and have been investigating the installed packages config and still can't figure out what is wrong.

When I install a new package in version 7.5.4 it uninstalls fine, but if it is a version that was already there prior to upgrading, then it doesn't work.

Oct 27, 2016 @ 15:51
    Carlos Casalicchio

Don't know if this is the best or correct approach, but ended up removing all the packages from the InstalledPackages.config and reinstalled all the packages. Now it works!

I am, again, able to install and remove packages.

• Alastair Todd 44 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 15:32
    Alastair Todd

where is InstalledPackages.config ?

App_Data\packages

but didnt solve my problem :/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft