Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Enger 72 posts 277 karma points c-trib
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 07:03
    Tommy Enger

File replication in load balanced setup

I followed the flexible load balanced setup as described here with one local master server in our domain (ourcompany.com), and multiple front-end servers in DMZ (dmz.ourcomany.com)

enter image description here

File replication between the front-end servers is no problem, since they are in the same domain, but of course in this setup the files needs to go from the local master server to the DMZ-servers. Since this is the recommended way to setup flexible load balancing, I'm sure lots of you solved this. So how did you get the files synced to DMZ through the firewall?

• Jason Vickers 21 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 03, 2016 @ 02:12
    Jason Vickers

While you could construe that diagram to show the master server as a separate entity or on a separate domain, your master server should be in the same domain as your other prod servers. Your staging server should sync to a single server in your DMZ domain (Master Server), that would then replicate the files to the other prod servers, through 1. Umbraco dependencies or 2: Non-Umbraco dependencies using DFS, XCopy, etc. I know this because I have had to set these up a few times and was guided by the awesome Umbraco Team.

The only other way to solve this is to have a shared drive between the domains that DFS, or whatever you use for file replication, could access to copy the necessary files.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft