Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christina Carter 12 posts 93 karma points
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 19:59
    Christina Carter

displaying content based on user data (with dynamic properties)

I have a set of data for each user that visits my site. On certain pages, I would like to control the content that is displayed to the user based on this data. For example, for each user that visits the site I know the following data: new or existing customer, location, and products they qualify for. Depending on that data, I would like to display different product offerings. The products change regularly, and I would like the content editors to be able to set conditionals directly on a page as needed. Here's an example of how a product page might work:

Product Page One

If existing user:

• Show product A and B

If new user:

• Show product C

If Existing user and in NYC:

• Show Product D

If User Qualifies for Product E:

• Show product E

So if we are a new user that qualifies for product E we would see on the page: Product C and Product E

I'd like the content editor to be able to pull in these conditionals as necessary on the page, and then pull in the product underneath the conditional scenario. There will never be a set number of conditionals on every product page, so I'd rather not have to set the conditionals as properties up front. I'd prefer that the properties can be dynamically added to the page as needed.

I imagine this working like the grid layouts work - the content editor can build the page by adding modular content as necessary.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to architect this type of set up? Again, I can't build a document type that has a property for each conditional because the number of products on the page or the number of scenarios will never be set in stone. The content editor may need to use the "existing or new" conditional, for example, several times on the page.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 20:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Christina,

Perhaps you can use or find inspiration in the package called personalisation-groups from Andy Butland

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/personalisation-groups/

Hope that you can use this, or perhaps extend it with you own criteria.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft