Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hamish 96 posts 154 karma points
    Oct 31, 2016 @ 20:38
    Hamish

TinyMCE Multiple Image Selection?

The problem: Content editor needs to add 10 images to the page with text content under each image. The content editor currently needs to

1. Click on the image tool in TinyMCE ( or a custom macro )
    2. Navigate to an image in the media section and choose an image
    3. Add text content underneath

They then need to repeat that process 9 more times.

The ideal solution: What I am wanting is to allow the content editor to select multiple images from the media section in a single go and add content text under each image - thus avoiding the navigation process to find each image multiple times.

So in theory the steps would only be:

1. Click on image tool (or Macro if possible )
    2. Navigate to all of the images in the media section and choose ALL of the images needed
    3. Insert all of the selected images
    4. Add text content underneath each image

Has anyone tackled this before within TinyMCE

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2016 @ 08:58
    David Peck

Personally I'd use the Grid Editor rather than the RTE so that you could add some RTE followed by a custom gallery grid property editor (that you'd either have to write or you could use the Doc Type Grid Editor combined with Nested Content if you don't fancy the AngularJS) followed by more RTE.

Otherwise I think you could only really achieve this by inserting a macro in to the RTE. You'd then have to pick your images using the macro. Potentially you could add your image descriptions to the media section by adding new properties to your media types and also you might prefer to create a folder in the media section for each gallery and just pick the folder.

• Hamish 96 posts 154 karma points
    Nov 27, 2016 @ 20:25
    Hamish

Sorry for the delayed response :)

I'm sort of constrained to an existing workflow and adding the Grid Editor/Nexted Content wouldn't necessarily solve the issue that I'm trying to resolve but create more work. If building from scratch, this seems like a route to investigate.

I really just want to enable a Content Editor using the CMS to be able to select multiple images instead of a single image inside TinyMCE.

My current thought is creating a new TinyMCE plugin that hooks into Umbraco services (as the default image selector) should do the trick.

Is there a way to extract the existing functionality (insert image plugin in TinyMCE) and create a new plugin that extends it to selecting and adding multiple images? Has anyone done something similar to this before?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft