Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JakobJohansen 5 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 01, 2016 @ 11:36
    JakobJohansen

Sorting members in the list view

Hey guys

We're currently making a website for a customer where users are able to sign up us members. Our client wants to approve the members manually, which means we just create the members as unapproved.

However, as the memberbase grows, finding the unapproved members in the listview in the backend, is getting harder. We've added a umbracoMemberApproved column to the List View - Members data type, but we're unable to sort on it.

How can I enable sorting on the umbracoMemberApproved column in the members list view?

Cheers, Jakob

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6449 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Nov 01, 2016 @ 14:40
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Jakob.

What version of Umbraco are you using? I´ve tried to re-produce your setup in a clean Umbraco 7.5.4 install and sorting on the umbracoMemberApproved property works, see animation:

enter image description here

Nov 03, 2016 @ 10:53
    JakobJohansen

Huh, that's weird. I've seemingly done the exact same thing, but I still can't sort.

This is what my setup looks like: https://puu.sh/s509Z/d96ed23123.png

I can only sort on the columns that have (system field) in the alias. I can't sort on the last login date either, or any other property I add that does not have (system field).

My version is 7.4.3.

Nov 03, 2016 @ 10:58
    Dennis Adolfi

Ah, yes this seems fimiliar. I have a 7.4.2 site running and it´s not possible to sort on custom properties in that site either.

I think this is a new feature, probobly v.7.5+.

Upgrade your solution to the lastest version of Umbraco and you will have this functionallity.

Take care!!

Nov 04, 2016 @ 08:37
    JakobJohansen

Okay, thank you for your help :-)

Nov 04, 2016 @ 08:39
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you Jakob! Have a great weekend!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft