Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Clancy 63 posts 132 karma points
    Nov 11, 2016 @ 10:25
    Chris Clancy

Multi node picker content not visible until re-index

I just thought I'd mention this because it drove me crazy for about an hour. I added a multi node picker into a doctype in order to pick out items of the same doctype to produce a list.

I could not find any items (using multi picker > search as content my doctype is in list view format). Every time I tried to add some content via the picker there was none so I kept going back and trying different things inside the picker config. Eventually I realised that this may be an indexing issue because we have moved some stuff around Azure but we are only talking about <30 content items.

So, after an Umbraco back office reindex, I can now find my content!

• Eric Petersson 32 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 14, 2016 @ 11:54
    Eric Petersson

Hi, Chris

Good to know if someone runs into this issue in the future. We have a solution up and running in the cloud for version 7.2.6 and everything seems to be working fine with multi picker on those terms.

Are you running the latest release of Umbraco?

• Chris Clancy 63 posts 132 karma points
    Nov 15, 2016 @ 16:06
    Chris Clancy

Hi Eric,

We are on 7.5.2 for this particular site. On another site, running 7.5.0, we occasionally have to re-index because the homepage date ordered content behaves unexpectedly. This is a bigger concern because there are 10000+ items and a re index takes a little bit longer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft