Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Stuart Neal 9 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 11, 2016 @ 11:52
    Stuart Neal

    Disabling ASP.NET SessionState on selected pages

    I have a fairly large Umbraco instance containing a mix of marketing pages and web applications.

    About 10% of the Content node pages are web application pages. I want to disable SessionState for the remaining 90% of pages which don't need it, in order to improve performance and avoid contention. We are using SQL Server sessions.

    Is there any way to do this? As far as I've been able to find out, the only way to disable SessionState on a per-page basis is to include EnableSessionState="False" in the .aspx @Page declaration. But as Umbraco generates virtual .aspx pages, I can't see any way in which to do this.

    There doesn't appear to be any way in code to effect it either.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: