Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Flæng Jørgensen 35 posts 145 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2016 @ 07:58
    Dennis Flæng Jørgensen

Grid Layout Editor - Custom Control from macro

Hey all

I'm a huge fan of the Grid Layout Editor. But I would really like to have the option to check macros i want the editor to be able to insert directly into a column. Much like LeBlender does (but I can't make it work).

I would like it to look something like this: enter image description here

When an editor chooses "Emplyoee", which is a macro i've made, i want it to open this window (see below), which allows the editor to choose the employee they want displayed in the column.

enter image description here

But I can't quite figure it out how I can set this up. As I've said I have installed LeBlender if anyone knows how to setup it up here, but if I have to make manuel changes to the grid.editors.config.js I wont mind that either. I would just like a simple way to insert some specific macroes, and I fell like with the described use case/flow I can save the editor to have to look through the list of macros and save him/her a few clicks in the process.

• Martin 278 posts 662 karma points
    Nov 18, 2016 @ 08:08
    Martin

Hi Dennis,

Have you checked out the Doc Type Grid Editor?

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor/

• Dennis Flæng Jørgensen 35 posts 145 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2016 @ 08:23
    Dennis Flæng Jørgensen

I have seen it, but not played around with it. Have you?

How does it handle templates? Should I then create a content type instead of my macro and have the content type have the EmployeePicker-editor and move the macro-template to the content types template? Would that work?

Edit: It just doesnt seem like the best solution because, to the best of my knowledge, doc type templates doesnt have a caching system as strong/customizable as macros

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft