Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Nov 21, 2016 @ 15:48
    sd75

Does anybody know of a good host for v7.5?

Are pipeten.com good?

• JDCuster 27 posts 159 karma points
    Nov 21, 2016 @ 17:34
    JDCuster

The first 2 that come to mind are Umbraco Cloud and Azure. What sort of budget do you have?

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Nov 22, 2016 @ 10:23
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

You can also rent a VPS ( Virtual private server ) where you can add multiple umbraco sites. But again like JDC is asking, what is your budget?

/Michaël

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 03:40
    John Palmer

Would recommend you to try asphostportal or hostforlife.eu

• Aditya 24 posts 128 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 05:57
    Aditya

I just moved from Azure to Hostforlife.eu. Only been a day or so, but they seem good so far. I had one interaction with support, went well.

Azure is great, but overkill for my site. I have MSDN, so I developed my site on Azure, but I can't use MSDN credits for production (well, I can, but it's against the license terms). Azure would have cost ~$50 a month.

Now I'm paying ~$11 a month. I don't get the global scale and all the nice Azure goodies, but I don't need that for this site. And I still have Webdeploy and a decent (Plesk) control panel that works OK.

The migration was easy enough - though I am experienced with this kind of thing, YMMV if this is your first time moving SQL DBs out of Azure.

• JDCuster 27 posts 159 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 12:17
    JDCuster

FWIW - Azure has a free tier as well as a shared tier (for about $9 per month) that will run Umbraco. The free tier won't let you use your own domain name though. We run sites in the free tier during dev and then scale it up to the appropriate service plan based on needs for scalability.

If you're hosting multiple sites they can all run inside that $50 per month plan as long as the demands of the sites don't overrun the plan resources.

• Jon R. Humphrey 164 posts 455 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 15:21
    Jon R. Humphrey

In response to the OP's second question we've been using Pipe10 for one of our clients since April with no issues whatsoever.

It was relatively easy to set up for a v6 instance (dont' ask) and at £30 a year + VAT who can complain?

ICYW: We also have a dedicated IP address for the site and this costs £20 / yr +VAT which brings the annual total to £60 for everything.

Hope this helps!

J

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Nov 28, 2016 @ 10:49
    sd75

Thanks everyone. Decided on pipe10 - very easy to install latest umbraco and very reasonable prices. No complaints so far.

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Oct 25, 2017 @ 14:08
    Mike Chambers

Are you still enjoying pipe10? Any gotchas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft