Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jahan 20 posts 52 karma points
    Nov 27, 2016 @ 01:12
    Jahan

Getting an error during the deploying webapplication `Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path'

Hi, I got an error during the deploying my web-application. The title of error is Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path

'Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\ARCHIVES\Projects\Main\Jahan.Handicraft\Jahan.Handicraft.Web.Mvc.UmbracoCms.App\obj\Release\AspnetCompileMerge\TempBuildDir\AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Data\Web.config;\AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Data\Web.config'.'.

I've used Umbraco 7.4.3 und ASP.NET MVC in my project. I'd like deploy it on localhost.

How can I solve this problem?

Link to stackoverflow

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2016 @ 08:22
    Lars-Erik Aabech

You need to add this to your publishSettings file:

<AutoParameterizationWebConfigConnectionStrings>false</AutoParameterizationWebConfigConnectionStrings>

Long answer here:
    http://blog.aabech.no/archive/web-deploy-says-could-not-open-source-file-some-webconfig-when-you-publish-an-umbraco-site/

• Rob Bramhall 1 post 72 karma points
    Jun 04, 2020 @ 20:47
    Rob Bramhall

I'd just add that it goes in your /Properties/PublishProfiles/XXXXX - Web Deploy.pubxml file, at least in VS 2019, there isn't a "publishSettings..." file.

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jul 20, 2020 @ 16:47
    Daniel Bardi

the pubxml is the publish settings files

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft