Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy W 15 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 29, 2016 @ 11:06
    Andy W

Manual Umbraco upgrade - no installer

Hi all,

I am trying to perform a manual upgrade. I have followed the instructions to the letter - downloaded the upgrade, copied key folders over the existing ones, and merged config files.

After doing the above, I can still view my website, and login to Umbraco.

But I was expecting an 'installer' to run, having detected the new files I've put in place, which then completes the upgrade process? What activates the installer?

Many thanks, Andy

• JDCuster 27 posts 159 karma points
    Nov 29, 2016 @ 13:40
    JDCuster

Some questions...

What versions are you going from and to? When you login to the backoffice and click the icon in the upper-left, what version does it say you're running?

Nov 29, 2016 @ 13:58
    Andy W

Hi - thanks for replying.

I'm trying to upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.2.8 - hopefully a straight forward upgrade - before I try upgrading to a more recent version.

When I log in to the backoffice, it says version 7.1.3

Andy

• JDCuster 27 posts 159 karma points
    Nov 29, 2016 @ 17:40
    JDCuster

What is the value of "umbracoConfigurationStatus" in web.config?

Also, this is a handy tool when upgrading between versions: https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/compare

Nov 30, 2016 @ 09:25
    Andy W

The value of umbracoConfigurationStatus is 7.1.3

I saw a tip on another site suggesting to modify this value (to a lower version) to 'trick' the installer into running.

This almost worked and the install screen appeared, but didn't seem to do anything. On checking the web.config file, the value of umbracoConfigurationStatus was back to 7.1.3.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 23:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

That usually means the dll files in the bin folder did not get overwritten. Make sure to unblock the zip file after downloading it (right-click -> properties -> unblock). Sometimes dll files get marked as untrusted and are blocked by Windows so they don't get unzipped until you unblock the zip file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft