Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• grega 2 posts 71 karma points
    Dec 05, 2016 @ 11:43
    grega

Publishing (deploying) umbraco site

Hi,

I am developing web site on umbraco 7.5.4. I've used nuget to add umbraco to web project.

I have added some surface and custom controllers to customize the site and now I would like to publish it, but without database.

If I publish in VS than it uses current web.config that has development connection string.

How do I force umbraco to set up new db?

After that I plan to use package to transfer document types, media types, languages and dictionary entries.

Is there maybe better way to publish?

thank you.

edit: wow, 19 hours and this post is still waiting for approval. Great support forum guys. This, deployment, documentation,.... I am starting to have regrets about my cms pick.

edit: 40+ hours after posting, still no sign that anyone is checking this for approval. It is starting to be a bit funny actually.

Well after this project I am done with umbraco, and I will make sure to warn anyone else about this cms on stackoverflow, twitter,...

edit: i has been 4 days... maybe if i flag this post as spam someone will notice...

edit: hahaha after 15 days you are still figuring out if this is spam.... good job

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft