Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mihail 39 posts 142 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 10:57
    Mihail

Minimum hardware specification for Umbraco website

Hi,

I have a website where I installed Umbraco. It will be used for content management, will add a lot of pages, images, videos etc. per month. From two months from launch, the database size reached 150 MB, the media folder reached 2 GB of images and videos (small mp4 files).

I want to ask you, from your point of view, what is recommended hardware specification (CPU, RAM memory size, hdd, etc) in order to make umbraco smooth when have a lot of content ?

Thank you.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 10, 2016 @ 08:05
    David Peck

That doesn't sound like a very demanding implementation based on those stats. The problem about advising you is that it depends how well designed the website is (e.g. caching), what the server needs to do, and how many visitors you're getting.

You could probably get away with 2 cores and 8 GB, but more is better. Why not check out New Relic for some actual stats on how hard the server is working.

• kalspih 8 posts 78 karma points
    Apr 28, 2021 @ 18:54
    kalspih

Can I use my old PC with Intel Pentium dual core processor? 4 GB of RAM and 120 GB of hard drive. I am planning to use compressed air to clean the dust from my PC. I read about this on a blog. What can you say about the technical characteristics of the PC?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft