Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rickard Liljeberg 23 posts 114 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 11:44
    Rickard Liljeberg

Limit content search to top node with domain user by client

So, lets simplify.

I have three top nodes (content) and one is the "main company" and the other two are "subsidiary 1" and "subsidiary 2".

subsidiaries 1 & 2 is of the same document type and the main company has another.

I have now connected domains to these like so

"main company" root node has maincompany.com

"subsidiary 1" root node has subsidiary1.com

"subsidiary 2" root node has subsidiary2.com

This is then hosted on azure (where I have also linked the different domains to the same web project that runs the umbraco).

Now this all works well, however. I just found out - and this wrecks havoc with search engines - that umbraco will search for content in other root nodes.

So lets say I have the following

maincompany.com/about

subsidiary1.com/services

subsidiary2.com/services

subsidiary2.com/projects/coolproject

Well as it turns out if I now browse to

maincompany.com/services it displays services for subsidiary1.com which is in a different top node.

If I go to subsidiary1.com/projects/coolproject it will display this from subsidiary2

How can I make sure it only looks for content under the root node that has the domain that is being user.

I really never want to se content from a subsidiary when browsing maincompany.com ever!

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 12:14
    Steve Morgan

Hi Rickard,

How have you got your search working?

The basic answer is that you need separate indexes for each of the sites and to limit those indexes to a starting node (the root home nodes). Then on your search page(s) point at the relevant index.

Stephan shows you how to set the starting node in this thread.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/36131-Using-examine-in-a-multiple-multilingual-site-setup

HTH

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft