Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bill Haggerty 43 posts 177 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 20:29
    Bill Haggerty

Plugin Installation problems on Web Farm

Using version 7.4.3

I have successfully installed a plugin to a standalone 7.4.3 version. The exact same plugin does not install to my web farm Umbraco 7.4.3.

When installing the plugin to the web farm version, the install step where it redirects hangs.

Later, when trying to look at the installed package, it gives this error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Xml.XmlNode.RemoveChild(XmlNode oldChild) +407
    System.Xml.XmlNode.RemoveAll() +47
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +60
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +84
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.Reload(String dataSource) +407 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.GetFromId(Int32 Id, String dataSource, Boolean reload) +23
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.Package(Int32 id, String datasource) +10
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.InstalledPackage.GetById(Int32 id) +47 umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.installedPackage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +136
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +85 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +86
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +97
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1988

Any tips on understanding this better appreciated -- Thanks, Bill

Dec 09, 2016 @ 16:14
    Bill Haggerty

Looking at the Application Log --

2016-12-09 10:42:06,110 [P42092/D4/T96] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This document already has a 'DocumentElement' node. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.IsValidChildType(XmlNodeType type) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.AppendChildForLoad(XmlNode newChild, XmlDocument doc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.Reload(String dataSource) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.GetFromId(Int32 Id, String dataSource, Boolean reload) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.data.Package(Int32 id, String datasource) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.InstalledPackage.GetById(Int32 id) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.installedPackage.PageLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.umbracodeveloperpackagesinstalledpackage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 2016-12-09 10:42:22,935 [P42092/D4/T131] INFO umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - Log scrubbed. Removed all items older than 2016-12-08 10:42:22

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2016 @ 16:55
    David Peck

Does each server have it's own copy of /App_Data/, and file write permissions to it?

Dec 09, 2016 @ 21:22
    Bill Haggerty

/App_Data/ is shared, which from my interpretation of the documentation, is ok, because the log files are configured to be created with the machine name in the file name.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 10, 2016 @ 07:45
    David Peck

You're right. I'd forgotten the machine names had been added to the path. There is a configuration file in app_data that stores what packages you've installed. It's worth looking at that to see if there is anything wrong with it.

Dec 12, 2016 @ 16:05
    Bill Haggerty

David, Thank you for that suggestion !! The config file XML had a double entry. When I removed the duplicate entry, it seems that the Umbraco part is working correctly. The plugin is still having problems, but I think now the symptoms are indicating that the problems are occurring with the plugin specific part of the code, which I will work on next. I will ask for help, if necessary, on the plugin git hub.

Thanks again!! -- Bill

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft