Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tuan Nguyen 26 posts 166 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 06:28
    Tuan Nguyen

Umbraco zero downtime deployment

Hi Master,

At this time, i'm finding a solution for Umbraco Deployment but with closely condition is "How to deploy a Umbraco websites with zero downtime deployment"?

Some body, who's a expert in Umbraco websites deployment ,

Please give me your ideas?

Thanks Tuan Nguyen.

• Ivan Ponomarenko 20 posts 105 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 09:26
    Ivan Ponomarenko

Hi Tuan,

In one of my projects, that are hosted in Azure, I use "Deployment slots" feature for zero down time deployment. But, for this you need have minimum "Standart s1" pricing tier.

Other way it is use IIS Web Farm approach, if you have self server. Good article https://kevinareed.com/2015/11/07/how-to-deploy-anything-in-iis-with-zero-downtime-on-a-single-server/

If you have only one website instance, it is not possible to zero down time deployment.

/Ivan

• Tuan Nguyen 26 posts 166 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 09:44
    Tuan Nguyen

Hi Ivan,

Can you tried with IIS Web Farm Approaching before? My current website is Umbraco and also using IIS , but i have a concerns with approaching as below

• When websites without downtime, it's meaning users still work fine on sites
    • With Blue-Green Deployment have support data migration of Umbraco site? when i change state of down server to up server(i aware that we will move all items on up server to down server)

Thanks

Tuan Nguyen.

• Ivan Ponomarenko 20 posts 105 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 12:28
    Ivan Ponomarenko

No, I didn't tried web farm approach.

As for data migration, maybe USync can help you.

/Ivan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft