Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Billington 2 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 06:28
    Nathan Billington

Maximum Number of Content Nodes in v7.4.3+?

Hey everyone,

We're about to upgrade our sites (from 7.1.8) to be on Azure (possibly as a Service) using v7.4.3 (or 7.5.6 - whatever is the latest one on Azure). It's a pretty big jump from what I can tell in regards to the way things are all hooked together (Doc Types etc) so looking forward to having it on the new system.

Our current site has approximately 18,000 content nodes and I was wondering if there is a limit in the newer version before things start to max out and not publish/throw errors

The current deployment we have already (which has been running for about 2 years) maxes out a lot and fails to publish nodes as well as throwing 503 errors all the time, so I'm looking for some info on if Umbraco will even handle the load if the number of content nodes we publish were to increase to say 100,000 over the next 2-3 years).

After searching the internet, all I can seem to find is people talking about previous versions (< 7) and which are 2-3 years old. Things have changed a lot in that time in both Umbraco as well as hosting so was hoping someone out there has a more recent insights.

Currently averaging approx 7.3 million page views per month (5.2 million sessions) (for one of our sites - we have 12 of them). Traffic has been steadily increasing over the past 8 month so we're expect that to continue to grow.

We'd be looking at deploying in Azure (possibly as a service?), auto scaling with a load balancer, a single instance for the backoffice while all pointing to a shared DB. Azure blob storage for all the media.

Any info/insights on if that level of content is possible would be great (and any other insights learning for large deploys like this with LB/Azure would be greatly appreciated!)

Cheers Nathan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft