Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 15:08
    Rob Watkins

Upgrade 7.4.3 to 7.5.6 broke ClientDependency

Really weird error; upgraded a site from 7.4.3 to 7.5.6, and it all seemed to work fine; however, certain parts of the backoffice were missing the styles.

So content editing worked fine, as did document types; but the template, partial view, stylesheet and script editing was completely missing the CSS, and therefore unusable.

Did a compare against a working new install of 7.5.6 and /umbraco_client and /bin were the same; configs including web.config are the same; deleted the Client Dependency cache; deleted /TEMP; restarted the AppPool, restarted IIS, no joy.

The only thing that fixes it is completely disabling ClientDependency by changing the config to not look at any files with fileDependencyExtensions=""

This is however not ideal as it is also heavily used within the actual application being built to ensure script updates are pushed to the client when versions change.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 16:09
    Nicholas Westby

I've seen similar happen if any of the plugins (in App_Plugins) use a query string in the resource they reference (e.g., ~/App_Plugins/SomePlugin/some-js?v=1). The fix is to remove that query string. This would be done in the package.manifest.

Not sure if that's your issue here, but it might be.

Dec 19, 2016 @ 16:16
    Rob Watkins

Good tip, but nothing with a querystring in there!

Jan 10, 2017 @ 12:56
    Rob Watkins

Tried so many things to fix this I got a bit lost, but I think the problem was in an incorrect Newtonsoft version; upgraded to latest version and fixed the assembly bindings to point to this and it is now working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft