Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Jan 04, 2017 @ 22:14
    Bilal Haidar

view in Grid Settings and Grid Editors

Hi,

I have went through the documentation on Grid and I am left out with few questions.

First, the Grid Settings & Styles make use of a "view". As far as I understood from what I've read on the documentation, that these "views" are called pre value editors. Umbraco ships with few and are actually stored under the prevalueeditors folder. So these editors are typically being called "grid settings/styles pre value editor)

My question here what are those editors? And how do we create them? Are they created like any other property editor?

Second, the Grid Editors make use of a "view" and "renderer". Again, Umbraco ships with few such views/renderers. What do we call these views/renderers?

Such views/renderers when combined with JSON configurations in the grid editors js file, they become known as Grid Editors (something similar in analogy to Data Type --> Property Editor relation), where we have Grid Editor --> "View/Renderer for Grid Editor), correct?

I am trying to understand the different "view" and "editors" we have got in Umbraco and what to call each.

In summary,

1. Property Editor (raw control to be used by Data Type)
    2. Grid Settings/Styles Pre Value Editor (view to be used by content-editors to select values for Grid Settings and Styles)
    3. Grid Editor (view/renderer used by content-editors to input actual content onto the Grid/website).

Are there any other types of editors that could be created or customized?

Thanks /Bilal

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft