Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Norman Lynch 5 posts 86 karma points
    Jan 05, 2017 @ 19:00
    Norman Lynch

Somehow, our website contains a node with no name. When I look at it in the back office, I can see that it exists and is unpublished, but I can't view it. When I try to delete it, I get a message saying, "Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to delete item 2907". In log file UmbracoTraceLog in directory App_Data\Logs there is a message which says, "WARN Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.PreValueDisplayResolver - [P4272/T1/D2] Could not find persisted pre-value for field startNodeId". There are no other clues as to what went wrong.

We are using Umbraco version 7.2.8 assembly: 1.0.5675.23466. The node in question is created programatically by code that sucks in blog entries from a list of rss feeds. Once I get this problem node deleted then I can focus on figuring out how my code got me into this mess in the first place.

-- Norman Lynch

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4455 karma points c-trib
    Jan 05, 2017 @ 20:22
    Steve Morgan

If code broke it - code will probably fix it! Try setting/updating the name via the content service then deleting it. Or just go for a straight delete.

Backup first of course!

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft