Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George 32 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 09:33
    George

Configuration Error (Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory exception) in Out Of Box Umbraco 7.5.4 Install

Hi everyone

I am getting an interesting error when installing Umbraco 7.5.4 on a Windows Server 2012R2 server. The error showed when trying to install a custom solution from Visual Studio, but I get the same error when installing out-of-the-box version 7.5.4.

The install requests the usual details, and I connect it to a SQL Server 2008 on another machine. The install seems to continue without problems, and creates the tables in the database. Then I get the following error inside the Umbraco install window:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The type initializer for 'Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory' threw an exception.

Source Error:

Line 10:   <ExamineIndexProviders>
    Line 11:     <providers>
    Line 12:       <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
    Line 13:            supportUnpublished="true"
    Line 14:            supportProtected="true"

Source File: C:\Umbraco\config\ExamineSettings.config    Line: 12

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1087.0

I'm running IIS 8.5, and believe I've installed all the necessary features. I've re-installed the web application directory, and given the correct rights to the various folders.

I am aware of the issues with KB3000850 described here. My server does have KB3000850 installed, so I have applied the hotfix for this problem. I have to say I think it is likely related to this problem (given that the files it's complaining about are in the App_Data folder).

Does anyone have any further ideas?

• George 32 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 09:52
    George

For anyone who finds this post and has the same error:

This turned out to be an internal server configuration issue, FIPS Mode had been enabled. So if you're seeing this error, check you don't have FIPS Mode enabled on your server!

• Michaela Ivanova 12 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 11, 2018 @ 08:05
    Michaela Ivanova

Thanks you very much, this solved the issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft