Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gevorg 13 posts 124 karma points
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 13:40
    Gevorg

Unable to Save & Publish on fresh Umbraco 7.5.7 installation

Greetings,

I am new to umbraco and made my first fresh installation of Umbraco 7.5.7 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacentre edition running IIS 8. When I attempt to edit any content page coming with default templates I experience the following issue: Clicking Save & Publish leads to continues loading animation with no result. No error is displayed until after I while when I attempt to navigate to another page I get empty error showing no exception message. Umbraco loggs show the following message

ShutDownMessage=Change Notification for critical directories. bin dir change ... _shutDownMessage=HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown

After some research I found that this may be caused by FCN which restarts AppPool when some changes are made. I have tried disabling FCN using web.config file and settings it to Single mode, but with no effects. Please advise what additional troubleshooting steps I can perform. Thank you in advance.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 13:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hi there, this is a known issue on 2012 R2 server, which requires a patch to be installed, details are here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6338

Jan 11, 2017 @ 14:01
    Gevorg

Dear Sebastiaan,

Thank you for your fast response I highly appreciate it. I am unable to install this update as I get error message "Your computer is not applicable" error message. I do understand that you do not provide Windows Server support, but I am still unabe to find any workaround to this.

Jan 11, 2017 @ 17:28
    Gevorg

Update After some research I managed to fix the issue using Sebastiaan's solution. The installation of KB3052480 patch was failing because I lacked several updates for proper patching. Here are the steps performed.

1. Installing KB2919442 Update.
    2. Installing KB2919355 Update.
    3. As suggested by Sebastiaan installing https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3052480 update.

Thank you for your time and effort Sebastiaan.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 17:57
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks for reporting back! I've heard a few times that people can't install the patch but I never knew why. Great to know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft