Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 25 posts 112 karma points
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 19:14
    Tim

Public Notifications are sent to only 2 of 3 admins

We have two users that edit pages, these uses have to Send to Publishing for approval. We have three users that have been designated as "Approvers", each user has a valid Umbraco account, a valid email address and has had the "Publish" notifications enabled on the 'Home' node of the system.

When the site was initially deployed all 3 users would get emails when a change happened.

Recently only two are getting the notifications. All three users are still setup correctly. I have checked the mail logs on the Webserver and only the two that are getting the mails have log entries.

I have checked the Umbraco App_Data\Logs for any indication and I see no errors related to Notifications.

I have logged in as the 'problem' user and toggle her Publish notification on and off again.

What am I missing? The only thing I've done between Deployment and Now is Umbraco updates.

Any insight would be appreciated!

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 20:23
    Kevin Jump

Hi

it's possible that the admin account has notify permissions on a child node that is overriding those on the home node, so when things are published that notification setting is taking precedence :(

you can go through the nodes and check they are the same at each level, or you can have a peek in the database :)

notification settings are stored in umbracoUser2NodeNotify,

SELECT * FROM umbracoUser2NodeNotify where userId = [user id];

will give you an idea of where notifications are set for the user. you can then use the node ids in the table to see what is set in the back office.

i think you could delete everything that wasn't assigned to the home node and that would reset the user - but don't hold me to that without doing some proper testing ! - if it's just one or two nodes i would do it via the back office

• Tim 25 posts 112 karma points
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 20:32
    Tim

Thanks for the idea! Did not know where to look for that, OR that if a child item is set it could override a parent item.

My umbracoUser2NodeNotify only has the following 3 entries:

• userId: 4
    • nodeId: 1063
    • action: H

The other 2 admins in question are listed as well, every value is the same other than their userId.

Thanks

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 08, 2018 @ 13:27
    Nurhak Kaya

Hey Tim,

I have got the same problem; have you figured out what the problem was for your case please?

I have created 2 admin users and they are both subscribed to "Send To Publish" notifications for a content page. When an editor updates the content of this page and hits "Save and send for approval" button, then only 1 admin receives notification e-mail and the other doesn't.

Umbraco version 7.5.7 assembly: 1.0.6219.11990

PS: I have created a new bug for this.

Thanks in advance. Nurhak

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 05, 2018 @ 10:58
    Nurhak Kaya

Just to update you all that this was an Umbraco bug and it has been fixed in #3468.

• Priyanka Kanojia 17 posts 88 karma points
    Feb 19, 2019 @ 13:23
    Priyanka Kanojia

hey Tim,

Can you guide me or give some idea on how you have send mail to approvers as i am looking for the similar functionality.

Looking forward for you reply.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft