Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jasper van der Sterren 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 10:39
    Jasper van der Sterren

Password reset link hostname

Hi,

I would like to start using the new 7.5 backoffice password reset feature. However, when I receive the email, the hostname in the link is incorrect. It looks like it takes the hostname from the umbracoSettings/web.routing/umbracoApplicationUrl setting. However, because we have a loadbalanced environment, this is an internal hostname, and not publicly available. Can I set the hostname for the password reset link explicitly in another way?

Thanks, Jasper.

• May 17 posts 37 karma points
    May 03, 2017 @ 02:42
    May

We are also having the same issue with the wrong reset validation code link as our umbracoApplicationUrl is set to use mysite.local internal url. Did you manage to find the solution for this?

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 12:22
    Karen Worth

We have just started getting this issue since the latest update. The reset url link is pointing back at the original dev website address that we had just prior to the site going live. I have looked everywhere I can think of, first in the web.config, and have also looked at the IIS settings for the website but cannot find anywhere that the old host name is referenced. Please could someone let me know how I can reset the actual link that gets sent out to users when they need to reset their own passwords.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 13:28
    Nik

I don't know if this will help or not, but what happens if you set the "domain" on your root node to the correct domain?

I don't know the impact of this in a load balanced environment either but I would imagine it should work.

Regarding a load balanced environment, things might be a bit different as the umbraco back office should, I understand it, only be available on one of the environments and not across them all. I think the load balancing of this should take care of it though, but I can't be sure.

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 13:38
    Karen Worth

Hi Nik, thanks for your response, in the end my colleague sorted this by hard binding the dev domain to offline site. I can only assume the recent update changed something in the way umbraco looks for it's current host and found the legacy reference in an array return or something, that dev site went offline when the website went live 2 years ago, and no problems with this before. Anyway all sorted for us now, thankfully!

• Alvin Tran 4 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 13, 2018 @ 12:42
    Alvin Tran

Hello,

We have the same problem. Is it possible to change the url in the mail that is send by Umbraco.

We don't have the possibility to bind the local domain.

• Jan van Helvoort 17 posts 190 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 14:02
    Jan van Helvoort

You could override the UmbracoApplicationUrl with the ApplicationUrlProvider. Class ApplicationUrlHelper Documentation

Example, In our case, if the environment is live, return a url from the web config. You need to change this code for your needs.

public class BootManager : ApplicationEventHandler
    {
        protected override void ApplicationStarting(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            ApplicationUrlHelper.ApplicationUrlProvider = this.GetApplicationUrl;

base.ApplicationStarting(umbracoApplication, applicationContext);
        }

private string GetApplicationUrl(HttpRequestBase request)
        {            
            if(string.Equals(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["WebServer_Environment"], "live", System.StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
            {
                return ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ApplicationUrl"]; // https://mySite.nl/umbraco
            }

return null;
        }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft