Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 108 posts 374 karma points
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 20:02
    Ben

Custom Media Types Broken v7.5.6

Hi all,

I have created a custom Media Type called Gallery Image that has a Photo Gallery Cropper field and a Details textstring field. There are a few other label fields, but they fill in with width, height, etc. after the file is uploaded. In Umbraco v7.4.3 I gave Gallery Image permissions to be a child of Folder so my content editor could upload this type to the Media Gallery inside a folder. Everything was fine and we could upload Files, Images and the custom Gallery Image.

We upgraded Umbraco to v7.5.6 recently and now every thing that is uploaded to the Media Gallery is of type Gallery Image. If I remove Gallery Image as a child of Folder then when we upload an item we are given a choice of File or Image to pick from, but then we cannot upload new Gallery Images.

I've also looked through the config files, but don't see anything relevant there to modify this behavior.

Any ideas where I should look?

Jan 25, 2017 @ 20:16
    Ben

Has anyone else tried creating custom Media Types? Have you been able to upload different types other than file and image?

The only way I have been able to upload my custom media type is to enable it under the Folder item, then the content editor does their uploads, then I have to remove my custom media type as a child of Folder. If I don't do this last step, then anything that gets uploaded will be uploaded as my custom type "Gallery Image Item".

enter image description here

Feb 02, 2017 @ 13:35
    Ben

If more info is needed or if this isn't in the right category, let me know.

Feb 28, 2017 @ 13:34
    Ben

Not really sure where I should start looking to resolve this problem. Does anyone have any pointers on where to look?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft