Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Victor 25 posts 146 karma points
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 20:38
    Victor

Blog Posts with Carousel

Hello, I want to make a website where the user can create content for a blog post, and in that blog post, he can manage a carousel, adding images or videos and displaying it on posts.

Basically, every post will have an unique carousel with unique images and videos.

I've a list view in the content for the blog posts and I think the carousel will have to be a list view as well, but I don't know how can I associate one to each other.

Or is there a way to add the carousel somehow through properties on document types?

Thanks

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 22:50
    Paul Seal

Hi Victor

I would use Archetype for this. Have a look at this video to see how to use it.

http://www.codeshare.co.uk/videos/how-to-build-a-site-with-umbraco-part-7-introduction-to-archetype/

Kind regards

Paul

• Victor 25 posts 146 karma points
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 21:25
    Victor

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

The project structure for creating the blog posts changed. I'll not use list view anymore, I'll create the post blog directly on the content tree in it's category related to blog posts (sorted through date folders).

Each blog post will have children nodes related to the content of the post, and one of them it's going to be the carousel, and the carousel children are going to be the images and videos from each unique post.

I watched your video, it looks like a good solution when using list views, because you can create an media editor directly on the properties of the document type. I'll keep the Archetype solution in mind for future projects.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft