Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jose Torres 8 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 17:04
    Jose Torres

CONTENT NODE missing after WEB DEPLOY

Hi, the content is missing after WEB DEPLOY.

is missing.

I tried everything included REPUBLISH ENTIRE SITE.

No way to solve this problem, please help.

What a shame it makes UMBRACO totally useless.

José Torres

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 18:33
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Jose,

Bit of a bold statement to say umbraco is totally useless because it lacks some feature you'd like to have on web deploy.

Umbraco has support for syncing content across different environments, both paid and free

See Umbraco Courier for a tool that's supported by Umbraco HQ. See uSync for an alternative.

--Dirk

Jan 20, 2017 @ 18:45
    Jose Torres

After investigating, @RenderBody in master.cshtml render Nothing at all.

Why can this be ?

On my local computer, it works perfectly.

To give you a reply, i do not need to sync. I just need to develop my site on my laptop and then deploy on a server. Or is this a wrong usage of Umbraco ?

Thank you

Jan 20, 2017 @ 19:27
    Dirk De Grave

Yes, it really doesn't work this way...

Content is stored in db, whereas your templates/css/js is just stored on disk. So you can easily move your files to the server, but content (which resides in db) won't make it to the server unless you move it there.

You could restore a backup of your local db on the server, and then, indeed, you'd have the content on your server. If you don't move the db, well, you'd not have the content on the server.

--Dirk

Jan 20, 2017 @ 20:14
    Jose Torres

I agree with you, in my case i use an SDF file and, after webdeploy, i recover all the hierarchy of documents i created on the laptop. Every document and every content. Al of wich is editable on the server through umbraco's administrator console.

But, when it comes to rendering => nothing.

I only get header and botton on every page but content is just not rendered.

Why ? Since all the database of documents is on the server and reachable through umbraco's administrator console. Yes, after web deploying, no document was lost including images, icons, PDFs.

Just no one page is rendered. Did you ever see such a thing ?

Thank you

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 20:25
    Nik

Hi Jose,

Just a quick question, have you tried republishing the site. Logging into the back office and right clicking at the top of the content node you can republish the entire site. It might be that your cache on the server is out of sync but doesn't quite realise it.

It's a just a small stab in the dark, but it can often fix things like this.

Nik

Jan 20, 2017 @ 20:39
    Jose Torres

Yes, i did it, republish entire site several times.

That behavior is unbelievable. It is visible at http://www.deagital.com.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 20:56
    Nik

Hi Jose,

I can't say I've seen this behaviour before. I have a feeling that without being able to access the back office and investigate it might be a bit of a challenge to resolve.

Nik

Jan 20, 2017 @ 22:01
    Dirk De Grave

Ok, pretty weird in that case, but as Nik says, we can only guess atm, it's probably something you've overlooked and could be easy to solve... so you'd need to share more info.

Sorry to not be of more help here

--Dirk

Jan 21, 2017 @ 06:54
    Jose Torres

Ok thank you anyway

I may give you login+password to see Inside at http://www.deagital.com/umbraco/#/login ?

Let me know please,

José

Jan 21, 2017 @ 07:57
    Dirk De Grave

HI Jose,

Had a quick look... Found out a few things...

GetGridHtml("content","fanoe") doesn't work, remove the second param and you'll get the desired output.

Probably started out from this starter kit, but somehow you don't have the file that's responsible for rendering the html based on "Fanoe template" (I can see Bootstrap2(-Fluid) and Bootstrap3(-Fluid) render templates, but no Fanoe.

Secondly, there was an issue with publishing the home page, umbraco was still thinking you had another "Home" page published and in cache (the one in recycle bin)

I've restored it, renamed it, published it so umbraco can't no longer mix up the url with the url of your new homepage.

After that, I moved the old version back to recycle bin (basically delete it again)

Site is working now as expected, you've got a "Banner" in the grid which is now displaying nicely.

Hope this helps a bit...

--Dirk

Jan 21, 2017 @ 08:42
    Jose Torres

Dirk,

What can i say ? You are so nice !

If you come by Paris, let me know i offer you a bottle of Champagne !

ps : you are right i used fanoe Template.

Thank you agai,

José

Jan 21, 2017 @ 09:12
    Dirk De Grave

I'll keep you to that... ;-)

No, seriously, glad we could help you out.

I've removed your login/password credentials from a previous post, you don't want others to mess up your site.

Anyway, still advised to change your username/password combo

Good luck on your umbraco journey

Cheers,

--Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft