Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
This has been going on for sometime, I've seen a bunch of posts where people simply go back to a pretty earlier version -- can we get this fixed or at least a work around posted?
On a fresh install, configure to use a SQL Server with integrated authentication on a local database, I am unable to install ANY local package out of the gate.
All I get is the "uploading package" with a progress bar that is full-green. Fiddler shows that the post to
Succeeds and returns package information, it indicates that it is compatible, but it just sits there.
For me, I was going to install Dialogue 2 Beta in a test instance, this package is not available to install any other way other than from a local package.
More info; this appears to be related to some sort of browser inconsistency; meaning that I finally got it to work in Chrome 55.0.2883.83; however it does not work in Edge, Internet Explorer, FireFox (49) or Firefox Developer.
There is no evidence of failure in any of the browser's developer consoles; the Fiddler trace is identical for all browsers.
No solution from me, but I can confirm that this also happens in my latest project. Only possible to upload local packages in Chrome. Have anyone reported this?
Have you checked the folder permissions?
Not folder permissions, it was an issue where it simply doesn't work in IE, Edge and Firefox. After switching to Chrome, it worked fine.
I've raised this on the official issue tracker, if you want to add any more information to it, please to. This will help the core team (or any contributors) investigate/replicate the issue :-)
Just to keep you in the loop, it looks like the bug is being investigated by the HQ and has been assigned to the version 7.6 stream. Hopefully it should get fixed in that release :-)
Awesome! Great job Nik reporting this! #h5yr
See http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9427 for all info + fix.
Hi I have umbraco 7.6.1 package installed in a VS.Net project (framework 4.5.2. I am getting this exact same issue when trying to install a brand new created package from my local. This is not massively urgent, as still in the testing phase, but the ability to install packages that I have created myself into clean VS.Net web applications is required under my job remit, so an actual fix for this would be appreciated, (rather than just being told that it has been fixed in 7.5.8!) Trying to do this in Chrome doesn't work either.
I've raised this as a separate call now as there is no response for months! for some people and we need to be able to do this or at least know what we are doing wrong. This is not fixed!
Here is my personal experience in case it helps. A while back, I ran into an issue where a package install failed. I then tried to install again, and it failed again. The reason for the initial failure was not clear to me, but I believe the subsequent installs failed because of some remnant left behind by the initial failed install. Once I discarded all of the changes, I believe the next install worked.
In particular, I would pay attention to where Umbraco temporarily puts files. I believe I saw some GUID folder in either App_Data or App_Data/TEMP.
That's a good call Nicholas, I'm always forgetting to clear the temp cache, I don't think it'll help in this case, as it wasn't so much a 'fail' as a 'didn't even try' issue. But it's always a good idea to clear the temp cache where ever there are issues and thank you for the reminder, I will try it though.
Again thanks Nicholas, you inspired me to check the log file, clearing the cache didn't help but what appears to be causing the issue is a 'pathway too long' exception:
2017-05-31 09:28:47,634 [P8716/D2/T21] ERROR umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer - Error importing file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco templates\wwwbiosciumbracotemplates\Installing Packages test\instExp2\www\instTemp4\AppData\bd77a425-8e95-438f-97f8-c027e88e5f1a.umb
System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
even though the pathway specified is actually only 163 characters so not still not sure of exactly what is causing this. But it has given me another issue to pursue, so I will google that for answers and see how I get on.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted